Welcome to the Vitus Capital Blog!
Notes to myself, possibly of interest to others.
-- Bill Northlich

Friday, April 15, 2011

When one finds oneself agreeing with Thomas Hoenig...

CHARLOTTE, North Carolina (Reuters) - Big banks like Bank of America Corp and Citigroup should be reclassified as government-sponsored entities and have their activities restricted, a senior Fed official said on Tuesday...

"You're a public utility, for crying out loud," he said.
---Yahoo, 12 April.

Bill:  Ok, Mr. Hoenig.  I like it!.  But you are way much more in the hierarchy than I.  If you can GSE the banks, I'll agree we should stop QE, and emasculate the Fed - favored by you, John Taylor, Paul Ryan, not to mention Ron Paul (gack).  But I'll agree after the check's in the (newly tamed) bank.

No comments:

Post a Comment